Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Packing for a small move

Brian was released from the hospital yesterday, and we spent the day together at his place cooking, cleaning and watching TV. I would have liked to stay another night, but had school today and also have to pack for a move, so I caught the last bullet train last night back to Osaka, arriving here at 12:30 a.m.

Why moving you ask? When I first formulated my plan to come to Osaka, I'd set my actual Japan leaving date to be, well, right about this week. However, I soon decided to stay longer - but this apartment was already reserved by someone else from August 11th. Not to be deterred, I found another place, part of the same guest house group, and have booked a room there for another full month.

The new place is called Banana House, and while the name does not inspire confidence, the place is quite pleasant and in a very quiet area in Sakai city (about 20 minutes by train from where I am now). While it will not have the conveniences of true down-town living, it has other things to offer - such as daylight! It also has a rooftop sitting area which I'm sure will be lovely on the warm summer nights.

Check out Banana House here -
http://guesthouseosaka.com/en/banana/index.html

Not wanting to be disappointed, I visited the building and looked at what would be my room last week. My room will be small - just a six-mat room. But it is tatami, which I love, but it is bright and has a view of the city. The kitchen and bath are shared, but this is fine with me. Also the rent is cheaper then where I am currently living.

I'm really looking forward to moving tomorrow, and will spend a few hours today packing my bags and tidying this place up a little bit.

No comments: