Sunday, August 29, 2010

Wild Monkeys on a Rampage in Susono

It's seeing a story like this that makes me feel so nostalgic for my old town of Susono. According to the news story, 47 people were injured by monkeys, 21 of the injuries being in Susono city. The video clip in the article is in Japanese, but the woman and man being interviewed, and the surroundings, are in the Chabatake neighborhood of Susono, which is the same general area that I used to live.

Wild monkeys are not uncommon, and Brian and I have seen troops of wild monkeys often when cycling in Susono. This, however, is the first time we've heard of mass attacks, and definitely the first time that I think Susono has made it to the national news!

Article with video clip from News On Japan

http://newsonjapan.com/html/newsdesk/article/83487.php

No comments: