Sunday, January 02, 2011

Happy New Year 2011!!

It is now January 2nd, and I only now have a few moments (and am coherent enough) to blog a bit.

New Year's Eve I spent not out partying exactly. No, me and an old friend, Isabelle, went to an Irish pub downtown at noon. And we had our first beer at 12:01. We drank continuously, running up a bill of 180 dollars, by the time we had to stop at 5 p.m. or so. We taxied home - her to her grandmother's, and me to a friend's place where there was a house party that continued until 1 a.m.

Really, I've come to the conclusion that, at nearly 39 years old, I just can't drink like I used to! No more 13 hours of drinking for me in the new year:)

Otherwise, it was a lovely way to bring in 2011 although I was able to make myself wake up to watch the sunrise. I think this is one of the first years when I did not watch the sunrise - a.k.a. hatsuhinode....

No comments: