Tuesday, January 04, 2011

New Year's Day morning run

The 31st and the transition to 2011 was seamless, and VERY quiet here... except for the booming of fireworks at midnight. Unlike the beautiful displays of summer festivals, these were the simple flash and bang mortar shells, which are quite loud even at a distance.

On the morning of the 1st there was crisp air, and frost on the rooftops... I went for a run in spite of the nippy air, and used just my simple huaraches... I am still taking it easy and keeping the barefoot runs shortish, but it felt great to get out at all.

I put my iphone to work too, as it kept me company with an audiobook, tracked my run and allowed me to catch a picture or two along the way... here is the valley on the way up:







And the stats for the run:




2 comments:

Tracy said...

5.6 km is great - the valley looks beautiful, reminds me of running where there is no snow! The app looks useful too.

Dick said...

I Love the countryside and hills. I'm not sure about running barefooted, am but impressed with the distance and time. Dad