Tuesday, March 29, 2005

A walk in the park (Hamakita City)

The week is going by quickly! As I realize it is already the end of March, I know how true it is that Time is, indeed, a Winged Chariot that cannot be outrun.

It can't even be out-walked or outridden, I suppose.

Knowing that speed will not succeed in overcoming Time, and that perhaps a leisurely pace may be more conducive to appreciation of Time and all it has to offer, perhaps I should not feel so bereft this week as I find myself bike-less. It is an interesting situation, not being able to ride. On the other hand, I am relearning the pleasure of a slow walk in the mornings. There is a lovely park next to the hotel where I am staying, and already the morning walkers are beginning to recognize me. I took a few photos in the park this morning.


A Flowering Tree (Japanese house and blazing sunshine in the background).



Another interesting tree, with a line of trees in the background.

No comments: