Friday, March 18, 2005

Yaki-niku

Yaki-Niku literally means grilled meat, and it is so delicious!

I went to a yaki-niku party last night, ate too much meat, and got to try some food that I had never eaten before. For example, I ate some lovely raw beef mixed with raw egg; that was followed by raw liver dipped in soy sauce. It actually tastes much better than it sounds; but if I don't post tomorrow, you can figure that I am suffering from e-coli or something!

Yaki-Niku at our table - everyone puts meat on the grill, and eats it as it becomes done.



Uke - raw beef mixed with raw egg (left), and rebasashi - raw liver (right).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whew ... We love yakiniku but never had a chance to try to raw meat + raw egg combo! Actually, it sounds delicious and I'm willing to bet you felt no after effects!

bernicky said...

Remember the Khyber Pass on Queen Mary street in Montreal? Everything you described was their approach to dining as well - except they had mostly game meat. Though I don't think you could order anything deliberately raw.....I won't eat liver cooked I'm sure I wouldn't eat it raw.

BTW you haven't emailed me your new addy.