Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Craive Hair Salon in Shinsaibashi

Well, hair doesn't grow on trees...well, at least, colour treated hair doesn't. And as it has been just over a month since my last visit to the hair salon, my hair was screaming at me that it was time to go again. Which meant finding a new hair dresser, since I'm not in my old town anymore.

I did a search in the Yahoo Japan search engine, and found several possibilities. Of course, Osaka is brimming with hair salons, but since I am now in a big city with good access, I decided to select my new stylist based on their experience with 'gaijin' hair. My hair is really very different from Japanese hair; it's harder to cut and style, and a hell of a lot harder to colour. In fact, I long ago gave up on actually getting the colour I really want, and settled for a blondish-orange colour.

Anyway, my internet search turned up several options, of which I chose Craive because:


  1. They have experience with foreign hair

  2. They are located fairly clost to me - just twenty or thirty minutes on foot



Not an issue for me was language. When I called Craive to make an appointment, the receptionist was really nice, happily booked me for the next day at 2 p.m., and enquired whether I required an English speaking stylist. I said no - I really don't need my hair stylist or anyone else to speak English, since I've been muddling through in japanese just fine.

I went for the appointment, and Mariko was the stylist assigned to me. She did a great job, understood the problems with my hair, said she couldn't guarantee that the colour wouldn't fade, but we'd give it a try!

I am very happy with my hair, and the price, though a little on the high side, was in the range of acceptable.

1 comment:

karin said...

I can't help noticing that there was no picture associated with this post. Please let us see the new do.