Friday, July 02, 2010

Full Circle: Selling my Pajero Mini

Anyone who has followed the Japan Rider blog knows that I love my car to death. My car is actually a little jeep-like truck, a four-wheel drive, fully-capable, off-road machine with, of course, a manual transmission.

I bought this car on a semi-whim in July of 2006. I'd been considering a new (used) car anyway, and when B and I cycled past a dealer who had this Pajero Mini in his lot, we stopped and looked. And then I couldn't get it out of my mind. It really was love at first sight. And we had a lot of good times in that car (if you know what I mean!).

So saying good-bye to my baby I knew would not be easy, and I've been procrastinating. But when my insurance guy visited today so I could sign the contract and pay for the past month, I saw that today, July 1st, was my last insured day. And I know my luck - if I'd waited even until tomorrow, I would have likely had a fender-bender on the 2km drive to the dealer. So I got in my car this afternoon, and drive her 'home', to the same dealer I bought her from four years ago.

Here's a little gallery of photos, showing a full-circle - the first pic is my car on the lot before purchase, the last photo was taken today, as I parked her back in that same lot.
[gallery]

No comments: