Sunday, July 11, 2010

Morning Run in Nagai Koen Park

I have been here for nearly a week, and been without real exercise for just slightly longer than that.

Luckily, there is a gym arond the corner from me, which I went to on Thursday; I stepped on the scale and have, as I feared, gained more unhealthy weight. I've been eating junk food and not getting any morning runs. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I am feeling a tad homesick for the scenic surroundings of Susono, where biking and running were a regular pleasure. Seeking some way to stay healthy in the heart of this big, bustling city, I did a search and found a park that is good for running, and that's just a few subway stops away. Actually, it took me about 40 minutes to get there this morning, but Nagai Koen is big and nice, and has a 3km circuit that you can run or walk around, safe from traffic and in the company of other runners. I only ran 6.3 km this morning, and then walked about 3 km, before heading back home to try to study some kanji, but it felt great.

I figure I can go to the gym three times a week and run on the treadmill and do weights, and then I can go too the park on the weekend for a morning run, and with any luck that will help me shed a few of these extra kilos.

No comments: