Thursday, July 08, 2010

Live from Osaka...

Here it is, my first post from my new home base of Osaka.

I got here late on Sunday night, checking into my new apartment at about 9 p.m.

I'm staying at Melon Apartment, which is in a great location in Namba, really near the Dotonbori area - lots of shops, tons of restaurants, and access to pretty much anything you'd want.

These are the obvious perks to living in the heart of things, but I already miss being able to go for a morning run through rice paddies and along mountain roads. And I miss having an apartment that has natural light.

My apartment here is very small, but fairly cute, and as I said, it's in a great location. However, I'm on the ground floor, wedged between buildings, and therefore I get no daylight. However, I really can't complain.

Here are a few pics in my new temporary abode:

[caption id="attachment_168" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Living Room"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_170" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="The whole place"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_169" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Tatami Room, Living Room"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_173" align="alignnone" width="224" caption="Kitchen"][/caption]

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Very cute! I love the sky-blue wall and the red sofa (or is it a love seat)?

karin said...

I love it!